Saturday, December 19, 2015

From Where I Watch You, by Shannon Grogan

This book definitely gave me a big surprise! I was attracted to this book simply because of the cover which had a pink heart and an amusing title. I also expected a sweet story about a baker girl who receives romantic notes from an anonymous person. It did say suspenseful in fine print, but for some reason, I didn't think much of it until I actually began reading the story. So beware! From Where I Watch You is not only suspenseful, but it's also creepy and sad. You may not able to put this book down.

The main character Kara is struggling with her sister's death, her father's abandonment, and her mother's sudden and extreme turn to religion. She's got a stalker, she's scarred by a past incident that's keeping her from developing meaningful relationships, and she's trying to figure out how to get to a baking competition in San Francisco, one that will hopefully help her escape life in Seattle. On top of all this, Charlie, the boy she loved for ages, has returned after a long absence.

The mystery of who Kara's stalker will definitely keep you reading and if you love to bake, you will love the baking elements in this story. *JK*

No comments:

Post a Comment