Monday, November 4, 2013

Teen Reviewer

Teen Reviewer Olivia read Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. She had some reservations about the book, at first, but ended up very much enjoying this historical mystery:
"Out of the Easy is a historical fiction novel set in the New Orleans French Quarter in the 1950s. Josie, an ambitious and brave senior, faces many challenges as the daughter of a prostitute entangled in the middle of a murder mystery case.
Now upon finding this book, I said there was no way I would read a book about prostitutes! It simply wasn't an aspect I enjoyed reading about. But Ruta Sepstys is one of the most gifted writers at coming up with characters. She portrayed The House and the women who worked there perfectly. All the girls were original, fun, classy (yes, classy) characters, all of whom will remain my favorites in the literary world. Also, I was starting to get tired of love triangles and their predictability, but the love triangle Josie is ensnared in was so beautiful and heart-wrenching I was literally jealous of her, a fictional character. This book very quickly became one of my all-time favorites, and Sepetys's characters will forever be some of the best out there for me."
Olivia recommends Out of the Easy for teens 16 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment